This release fixes some significant game-play logic bugs for the competition, as well as an overhaul of the wilderness map. I particular want to thank Mikolaj Konarski again for his beautiful ASCII art map, adapted from FAAngband's wilderness map designed by Nick McConnell. Mikolaj also reported the majority of bugs in this release, as well as fixing about half of them.
The source code is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-062-wip7c-src.zip
[Edit] A precompiled Windows executable is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-062-wip7c-win.zip
A precompiled OS/X binary is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-0.6.2-wip7c-osx.dmg
### Gameplay ###
- Scale dragon armour breath based on player current hit points.
- Overhaul dungeon connections and progression, and included a map of northern Middle Earth to add in early
game progress, accessible via the help menu (Thanks to Mikolaj Konarski for putting a huge amount
of work into this).
- Add guardian for early Isengard.
- Added an Ent Moot.
- Made a low-level Caradhras location (the Redhorn) that provides access to Mirkwood once the surface guardian is defeated.
- Made the siege of Hornburg inescapable.
- Add a few monsters from ToME - some with modifications.
- Made potions of stats even more common.
- Made bard class slightly more powerful.
- Allow Chill to be used on any enemy in line of sight.
- Your allies will not breath or cast ball spells if it will hit you.
- Allies drop the objects they are carrying when they leave your service.
### User Interface ###
- Stop using alternate wall graphics as this causes problems on Windows XP.
- Fix for problems with windows XP glyphs not displayed experienced by some people. Choose a font ending with an 'x' to resolve this (A better fix will be included in 0.6.3).
- Don't require second menu selection when buying a service in order to use the power.
### Bug fixes ###
- Fixes fo Bug #12467 Various problems with Druid spells.
- Fix for Bug #12339 Exhaustion cured by running.
- Fix for bug Bug #10492 Cloak of the Bat with preposterous to-hit.
- Fix bug with stairs getting generated under player after word of recall etc.
- Fix bug where some monsters with a single friend would be determined as being massively deeper than they should have been.
- Fix up 'Snuff life' description.
- Freeze and Flame Strike were not intended to have a radius.
- Fix bugs with petrify that allowed monsters to move while affected.
- Fixed #12222 (Sense Magic removes inscription).
- Fix for Bug #12390 "You failed to arm" but the trap works.
- Lit fireplaces don't empty when searched.
- Ensure player only searches lit grids.
- Fix for Bug #12452 All vaults of Erebor contain the same things.
- Fixed #12400 --- Black Rider at Bree does not appear in Bree
- Fix for Bug #12396 Druid specialized in druidry can learn Chill.
- Throwing is now always obvious in shops, just like it was everywhere else.
- Fix problems with acid bolt II etc. causing remaining bolts to hit the player if target is killed.
- Fix for Bug #12334 Can't kill Farmer Maggot with wand of Acid Bolts II.
### Build / Platform ###
- Add missing .xib file to source build.
- Fix various compiler warnings.
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to the old Unangband page, a variant of Angband which I developed for over ten years.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
The official Unangband home page is now at at https://dgolddragon28.github.io/Unangband/ which contains links to the latest releases and source code.
I would also like to thank the new Unangband maintainer DGoldDragon28 for taking over this variant. DGoldDragon28 had been developing a variant based on Unangband, and now has my blessing to continue with the main Unangband releases as well.