This is a release to fix a couple of shop stocking bugs that would otherwise make the competition character unplayable. It also fixes a major UI bug on Windows.
The source code is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-062-wip7b-src.zip
A precompiled OS/X binary is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-0.6.2-wip7b-osx.dmg
[Edit] A precompiled Windows binary is available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-062-wip7b-win.zip. Thanks to Nick McConnell for this.
Please report any bugs to http://developer.berlios.de/bugs/?group_id=331
### Game Play ###
- Every dungeon guardian creates a stairwell at death.
- Allow torches to be taken from walls.
- Tweaked trick throws, etc. a little bit (Mikolaj Konarski)
- If you have a torch or weapon with a known fire brand wielded, you can use this to light the terrain directly under you, using the | command.
- Added 'dungeon chicken'.
- Tweaked Bree so that it's doable in one go without WOR, made Bill Fenry and a pair of similar uniques bit weaker (Mikolaj Konarski)
- Give druids another spell at 3rd level. They didn't have enough of a choice otherwise.
### User Interface ###
- Tips about spikes, cooking, body parts and magical bags added.
- Added help files for when looking/targetting.
- Always dump character file at death.
- Update tips text to indicate importance of visiting the home in each town to
ensure restocking of shops occurs.
### Bug Fixes ###
- Fix problems with use_trackmouse causing messages to be lost.
- Fixes to make sure doors have to be opened, not walked around.
- Fix for Bug #8712 chaos is overly deadly for earlier levels.
- Fix several secret door types that were also dropping objects when searched.
- Corrected all problems with rings and amulets under 'C' and in combat. (Mikolaj Konarski)
- Remove corrupted OS/X pngs.
- Corrected style descriptions, fleshed out rings and amulets. (Mikolaj Konarski)
- Corrected characters from old messages appearing beneath "You feel stronger. Etc." messages (Mikolaj Konarski)
- Fixed 012322 Dungeon visited flags not reset at birth. (Mikolaj Konarski)
- Fix bug where stairs would be generated under the player in the wildernes.
- Ensure travel warning appears before travelling.
- Fix bug with shops not restocking after starting the game and not visiting Bag End.
- Description of the darkened Isengard was too long for travel UI (Mikolaj Konarski).
- Ensure that player knows what killed him if the object is unidentified.
- Forgot to include which dungeons were visited in save file, resulting in tips
being displayed too often.
- Hacky fix for player school books not restocking after reloading game.
- Show which regions visited in character dump.
- Fix fountains with objects in them disappearing once searched.
- Fix a couple of instances where reflexive pronoun was used incorrectly.
- We built a tunnel off to nowhere if we had difficulty placing the player but
didn't bother trying to put the player at the end of it. Fixed.
- Fix my favourite recurring bug: allied monsters can move even with NEVER_MOVE flag.
- Allies attempt to minimise player disturbance while resting.
- Fix missing UNDEAD flags and allow icky things to be animated... for a short space
- Remove some diagnostic code.
### Build / Platform ###
- Replace ralloc with mem_alloc in main-win.c (Thanks to Nick McConnell for the fix).
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to the old Unangband page, a variant of Angband which I developed for over ten years.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
The official Unangband home page is now at at https://dgolddragon28.github.io/Unangband/ which contains links to the latest releases and source code.
I would also like to thank the new Unangband maintainer DGoldDragon28 for taking over this variant. DGoldDragon28 had been developing a variant based on Unangband, and now has my blessing to continue with the main Unangband releases as well.