This is a back port of a number of features from the SVN version which probably deserve some air time prior to me releasing a broken 0.6.5. You can download the source code from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064b-src.zip, a precompiled Windows build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064b-win.zip and a precompiled OS/X (Intel) build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/Unangband-0.6.4b-osx.dmg.
Changes as follows:
- Every spell book you study now uses up an inventory slot.
- Magic bags use two inventory slots.
- A number of new magic bags to spread out e.g. potions, among more bags.
- Mushrooms with mixed abilities.
- Monsters can now be dazed, hallucinate, suffer amnesia and be terrified (as opposed to merely afraid).
- Sorcerers get illusion spells which damage monsters which are hallucinating or sleeping.
- Priest monsters (and allies) now cast useful magics on their companions.
- Familiars now get more abilities including intentional support of draining life healing the player.
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to the old Unangband page, a variant of Angband which I developed for over ten years.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
The official Unangband home page is now at at https://dgolddragon28.github.io/Unangband/ which contains links to the latest releases and source code.
I would also like to thank the new Unangband maintainer DGoldDragon28 for taking over this variant. DGoldDragon28 had been developing a variant based on Unangband, and now has my blessing to continue with the main Unangband releases as well.