This is another pre-release of Unangband 0.6.4.
You can download the source code from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre4-src.zip. You can download a precompiled Windows build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre4-win.zip, a pre-compiled Mac OS/X build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/Unangband-0.6.4-pre4-osx.dmg and a precompiled Linux build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre4-linux.tar.bz2 (Thanks to Mike, Th. G. and SaThaRiel - I've ended up using Mike's compile).
### Game Play ###
- Add three additional druid spells including a pre-requisite spell
for 3rd book druidic cold spells.
- Ent's Song and Ent's Seeds now ranged.
- As the Stone troll uniques are tougher than Ted Sandyman, Bill Ferny
and Lotho, swap the relative depths of the two sets of uniques.
- Improve running algorithm to ignore terrain the player starts near.
The only outstanding item is for the player to be able to follow the
walls of wide corridors more easily.
### User Interface ###
- Add option 'ally_messages' for people who want detailled combat
messages for allies.
- Hitting 'x' while targetting allows you to target your allies.
- Add ^L command (X in roguelike keyset) to center the screen on the
player (From Angband 3.1.2).
- Add 'h'andle command ('%' in roguelike keyset) which allows you to
choose an item, then specify which command you use with that item.
This will support the inscribing the item with %x where you automatic-
ally choose command 'x' if you handle the item, but that component has
not been implemented yet. There's also quite a bit that can be done on
the menu display side of things. This will at some point support
commands that an item can be the transitive component for e.g. you'll
be able to choose a torch to fuel the one you have equipped, as
opposed to at the moment you have to choose the equipped torch, then
the torch you wish to fuel it with.
- Significantly improve the quality of object and spell descriptions.
- Improve region descriptions.
- For some reason the single space indentation following a line
return in text_out_to_screen was being added to the previous line. I've
removed this for the moment.
- Prevent allies movement disturbing the player.
- You now notice the language skills imparted by equipment and race.
- You now notice when examining an object or shape, which objects
or shapes prevent various flags from taking effect.
- Shape change spells now provide a description of what the shape
change does to you.
### Bug fixes ###
- Fix various issues with allies not attacking enemies, particularly
if they were some distance from the player, or immobile.
- Fix for projections ending up targetting the caster if a monster was
in the way.
- Fix misplaced return in game statistics output.
- Fix crash when checking for fumble with zero or negative chance to
hit (Thanks to Pete Mack).
- Fix for loading familiar fix. Had accidentally put this outside the
loop (Thanks to SaThaRiel).
- Fix help file reference.
### Build / Platform ###
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to Unangband, my variant of Angband. Angband has a long history of development: I recommend you check out the excellent resources at angband.oook.cz and the wikipedia entry on Angband if you are interested in the history and current state of the play for this game.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
I highly recommend you download the latest version from the side bar and start playing. Don't forget to upload your character dumps to the Angband Ladder at angband.oook.cz and get bragging...
If you are interested in the development side of Angband, check out the links under the resources section to the right, including my development blog, which is updated regularly.