This is the second preview release of Unangband 0.6.4
You can download the source code from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre2-src.zip. You can download a precompiled Windows build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre2-win.zip or a precompiled Linux build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre2-linux.tar.bz2 (Thanks to Mike). I'll be updating the OS/X build in a couple of days - the code on it has diverged from the Windows box I've been playing on and I need to figure out how to reconcile the two.
[Edit: The OS/X build is now available at http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/Unangband-0.6.4-pre2-osx.dmg]
### Game Play ###
- Allow cancellation of restricted teleports for free if you don't meet the criteria.
- Dust of Sneezing now Dust of Sneezing & Choking; with a poison effect as well.
- Discount Sting and Darkness so they only cost 1 mana.
- Make druid starting spells more interesting.
- Add a second wooden monster and made warp wood effective against them both.
- Prevent player allies killing themselves in regions.
- Prevent the player throwing or firing away cursed equipment.
- Add birth_gollum option which starts you deep in the dungeon, but with the snivelling, wretched ability to make any offer sound good to a hostile monster who would listen to you.
- Make cheat_lore and cheat_auto birth options.
### User Interface ###
- Add view_fogged_grids option. Switching this off, but leaving view_unsafe_grids on now duplicates the Angband detect trap behaviour. Adjust the invisible grid graphic as required if you want to match the appearance exactly.
- Display information about which stats determine spells learned, failure percentages and mana in birth screen.
- For safety, you now have to use @ to target yourself.
### Bug Fixes ###
- Fix detect mind not using a turn or mana.
- Fix to allow cancellation of some effects which were able to be held as songs.
- Fix for get_quantity not returning a value.
- Fix problem with targeting multi-blow spells when they weren't targetting a monster.
- Fix monster body descriptions.
- Fix problems with limited range beam spells skipping first grid.
- Fix starting homes for 2 races.
- Fix array access error when selecting a vault (Thanks to Tynan Fitzpatrick for finding this).
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to the old Unangband page, a variant of Angband which I developed for over ten years.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
The official Unangband home page is now at at https://dgolddragon28.github.io/Unangband/ which contains links to the latest releases and source code.
I would also like to thank the new Unangband maintainer DGoldDragon28 for taking over this variant. DGoldDragon28 had been developing a variant based on Unangband, and now has my blessing to continue with the main Unangband releases as well.