This is probably the final prerelease before the Unangband 0.6.4 release.
You can download the source code from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre3-src.zip. You can download a precompiled Windows build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/unangband-064-pre3-win.zip or or a precompiled OS/X build from http://prdownload.berlios.de/unangband/Unangband-0.6.4-pre3-osx.dmg. If someone could compile a Linux build for me would be much appreciated.
### Game Play ###
- Allow the familiar to spy for the player if the player is blind.
- Add further tweaks to familiars and allies spying for you.
- Allies capable of detecting scents now track and chase nearby monsters even out of line of sight.
- Add more familiar types.
- Familiars now always get an attack when the player reaches 10th level, plus an additional ability depending on the type of familiar.
- Increase length of time allies, neutral monsters hang around.
- Try to make familiars without blows at least somewhat useful by improving spying and making them fetch objects for you.
- As mana and hp regeneration have been separated, they should only affect food consumption half as much each.
- Reduce time required to control an uncontrolled object.
- Allow player to notice when their equipment doesn't activate uncontrollably.
- Make resist blindness flag consistently allow monster to see invisible.
- Prevent allies walking into traps.
- Prevent allies evading your attacks if you target them directly (This allows you to use a Wand of Heal Monster on your familiar reliably).
- Sleeping using the 'Rest until Dusk / Rest until Dawn' service now recovers stats somewhat.
- Reorganise bard spell books so they have 4 basic books instead of 3.
- Provide additional documentation during character creation for
magic, prayer and song book specialisation and school choices.
- 'M'ap command in town reveals 'hand-drawn' map of Middle Earth.
- If a multiplying monster is poisoned, their spawn will be likewise
poisoned. This makes Stinking Cloud and Dust of Sneezing & Choking
much more effective against breeders.
- Make water created by Find Water more fountain like.
### User Interface ###
- Include depth of deepest unique in order to provide rankings for competition (Requested by pav).
- Add additional categories for new tip files in tip knowledge menu. Oops. Didn't realise these were visible - they might have to be somewhat
- Ensure visible traps have visible trap regions.
- Skip allied monsters when looking to steal.
- Improve formatting of spoiler table for very long object names somewhat.
- Add tips for wizards, master and druid players.
- Add tips file for Find Familiar spell.
- Add game statistics option to knowledge menu and included in
character dump. At the moment, just statistics about monsters killed
### Bug fixes ###
- Fixed Call Lightning.
- Fix bug where monsters would take damage if a feature was created under them (reported by thorgot).
- Fix/workaround for duplicate tips appearing.
- Fix problem with familiar improvements being delayed by one or more levels.
- Fix assembly and body part descriptions.
- Fix shadow fairy mana regeneration.
- Fix bug preventing uncontrolled objects becoming controllable.
- Fix bug where equipment making the player hungry could incorrectly mark them as a dwarf.
- Fixed wasn't scaling distance by scale factor when checking whether allies could see invisible monsters.
- Fix conditional test to check whether 'Rest' services could be used at day/night.
- Fix bug in poly room generation code (Thanks to SaThaRiel).
- Fix crash bug when displaying object descriptions which included a range.
- Fix scattering bug that prevented scattering more than 1 square distance.
- Fix region projection bugs that prevented automatic regions having any effect.
- Clear targets for monsters you successfully ally through offering.
- Fix for Sting not working (Reported by thorgot).
- Fix to output of monster spoilers.
- Fix detection spells so that they update the display immediately.
### Build / Platform ###
- You can now add tip files for spells, if a player studies the individual spell. These are of the form spellnn.txt.
- Wasn't treating evasive as as powerful as it really should have been for monster power calculations.
"Don't let the name fool you: The Unnamed Angband has no shortage of distinct flavour that sets it apart from any other variant. You adventure in Tolkien's world, through towns and wilderness and multiple dungeons, journeying from Bree towards greater and greater danger.Welcome to the old Unangband page, a variant of Angband which I developed for over ten years.
This variant roughly doubles the monster list, expands the class-based system of Angband with numerous possible specialties that let you fashion a unique character, offers a positively absurd variety of terrain (cages that trap you, floor chests that can store objects, burnable woods, chasms, bloodstains), and includes a bunch of major interface improvements, including better presentation of graphics and an experimental isometric view." - From angband.oook.cz.
The official Unangband home page is now at at https://dgolddragon28.github.io/Unangband/ which contains links to the latest releases and source code.
I would also like to thank the new Unangband maintainer DGoldDragon28 for taking over this variant. DGoldDragon28 had been developing a variant based on Unangband, and now has my blessing to continue with the main Unangband releases as well.